Trinity Church, next to Knebworth Village Hall, is a united Methodist and United Reformed Church. Trinity Church “is called to worship God; to seek to know God’s purposes and seek to grow in faith; ... and to express God’s love for the local community and wider world.”
Address: Park Lane, Knebworth, SG3 6PD
St Thomas More is the Roman Catholic Church in Knebworth. The Roman Catholic Parish of Knebworth, in the Archdiocese of Westminster, was founded in 1929 and the church was built in 1936.
Address: 72 London Road, SG3 6HB
The Risen Christ is a part of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), an international church organisation committed to sharing the good news about God's plan to reconcile people to Himself through knowledge of the person of Jesus Christ.
Worship takes place in Knebworth Village Hall, Park Lane, SG3 6PD.
On Sunday 15 June 2008, after over thirty years of preparation, the churches in Knebworth (then St Martin's, St Mary's, Trinity and St Thomas More — and now joined by Church of the Risen Christ) signed a covenant.
The word ‘covenant’ literally means to come together and that is exactly what the three churches in Knebworth have decided to do.
The five congregations continue to worship in their own churches on a regular basis but all five congregations now look increasingly for ways in which they can work together to demonstrate the Christian message for the people of Knebworth.
Working under the banner of the Knebworth Family of Churches (KFC), the churches have launched such events as the Good Egg Club (for children in the holidays), study groups and the Good Neighbour Scheme, which provides practical assistance to people in need.
The Covenant pledges each church to:
Christian Aid is supported by KFC.
St Martin’s, in Knebworth Village, is the larger of the two Church of England churches for the Knebworth parish. The vision of the parish is “To be a church in the heart of the community, with a heart for Jesus, the community and each other”.
Address: St Martin’s Road, SG3 6EY
The Church of St Mary and St Thomas of Canterbury, normally known as ‘St Mary’s’ is the ancient parish church in Old Knebworth. It is in the grounds of Knebworth Park, and its Sunday services use the Book of Common Prayer.
Address: Knebworth Park, Old Knebworth (entry via Old Knebworth Lane), SG3 6PY